Life is a Garden Party

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Hummers

When hummers come,
to watch is fun.
They dip
then sip.
Zip
zip.
Wings flick.
Gone quick.

Visiting the trumpet vine
at set times while the sun shines
into red clusters they dip,
from trumpet flowers they sip.
When hummers zip quick
do they wear lipstick
on their lips?
Who knows, they're quick.

I've seen them sit
on the fence for a minute.
As soon as I approach - zip
off quick
they went.
Zip
zip!

They'll be back soon
when bee balm blooms.
Several will dine
all at one time
in citrus-scented blossoms.
Who knows where hummers come from.
You know they're here when you hear their hum.

I'm delighted they remember me
and I'm glad when hummers I see.
I hear one now.
There he is - wow!
Dip
Sip.
Zip!

* * * * *

Be sure to take time from your busy day
to enjoy God's great creation today.
Creation was designed with you in mind
because God the Creator is so kind.

Whether it be birds singing
or hummingbirds zipping.
God created birds for our enjoyment.
One of His many blessings to us sent.

The birds of the air nest by the waters;
they sing among the branches.
Psalm 104:12

No comments:

Post a Comment