Life is a Garden Party

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Unrecognized Blessings

To be posted in a future volume under a chapter entitled Life Lessons.

Lord, I know in my heart prayer changes things
but what I really need more than anything
is a new appreciation for burdens
for they must have been sent for a reason.

Lord, today may I come to realize
my burdens are meant as blessings in Your eyes
for that's when I've come to rely on You
and know without a doubt You will see me through.

Lord, I give You the glory for teaching me,
through burdens, to be all You want me to be
for burdens grow my faith and teach me to trust.
I'm learning You only want Your best for us.

Lord, I give you this burden I have carried.
It's only left me at wit's end and worried.
I know you'll send a solution in your time.
Now help me to recognize your perfect time.

Lord, I thank you before I receive an answer
that you are working for my good for sure.
Thank you for teaching me that my burdens
can be blessings as on You I will depend.

Refrain:
Our burdens are unrecognized blessings.
So instead of being worried and stressing,
today I'm giving my burdens to the Lord
and I'll thank Him for the blessings He will pour.

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,
who daily bears our burdens.
Psalm 68:19


To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol II
go to WestBow Press, Amazon or B&N.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol I
go to Amazon or B&N.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. God is so faithful in turning our everyday life and struggles into blessings.

    ReplyDelete