Life is a Garden Party

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thankful

Thankful

I'm thankful for skies of blue
and the morning's sparkling dew
covering blooms that grew
in a rainbow of hues
every morning like bright jewels
making for a pretty view.

I'm thankful for birds that flew
and to hear them sing coo coo
for songs brighten my day anew
giving me a much clearer view
of God's goodness to me and you.
Is it the same for you too?

I'm thankful for rainbows too
and the sunset's golden hue
for both are God's jewels
sent to me and you
as promises anew
of God's faithfulness true.

I'm thankful for days rainy and cool
for rain greens the grass to look like new
and fresh vegetables will grow anew
in a rainbow of colors, it's true.
One day they'll make a healthy stew
to keep me safe from the flu.

I'm thankful for cattle that moo
and for animals that live in zoos
where they are cared for by a crew
of working men and women who
enjoy their work each day anew.
You should plan a trip to the zoo.

I'm thankful that everyday is a school
where I always learn something brand new
or perhaps something I once knew
for I tend to forget, it's true.
Is it the same way for you too?
Learning gives us a clearer view.

I'm thankful for garden tools.
Some purchased, some like new
given by friends who knew
I needed a helper to
control how the garden grew.
Tools are helpmates and cool.

I'm thankful everyday, it's true,
but not for insects, they're cruel,
nor for those bucks and does who
visit during the night to
eat my garden's view.
It's like my garden woos.

I'm thankful that when bills come due
I'm able to pay each month anew
for God supplies all my needs, it's true,
and many of my selfish wants too.
Did you know God's Word says we're His jewel?
I know God is faithful to you too.

I'm thankful for the Creator who
provides and protects me each day anew.
Who proves His love for me, it's true,
by His faithfulness sent from above to
bless me and those I love anew
with His best as we follow God's rules.

I'm thankful for celebration's ado
with Valentines sent from you know who,
Easter baskets filled with surprises new,
Halloween when children say boo to you,
then Thanksgiving when we review,
and Christmas - God's gift to me and you.

I'm thankful when it's your birthday too
when a special cake is baked for you
to be shared with those who love you
celebrating you with much ado.
My, how the years flew
while the young ones grew.

I'm thankful everyday there's always something new
to be thankful for. I'm sure you already knew.
Being thankful is a mindset to see what's true
then daily dwell on that truth each day anew
until thankfulness resides in you.
Being thankful will chase away the blues.

I'm thankful for many friends who
were sent by God for He just knew
who I would need when He sent you
and blessed me with the gift of you.
May God always bless you
with peace and joy anew.

* * * * *

And may each and every day you too
find much to be thankful for anew.
Being thankful gives us a new view
refreshing us like cool morning dew
while worries, over which we stew,
weigh us down like sticky glue.

Remember this rule:
Thankfulness rules!
It's a jewel
of many hues -
physically, emotionally, it's true,
mentally and spiritually too.

Be joyful always;
pray continually;
give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
I Thessalonians 5:16-18


A morning view.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol II
go to WestBow Press, Amazon or B&N.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol I
go to Amazon or B&N.

Follow Life Is a Garden Party on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment