Life is a Garden Party

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Welcome Spring

 Welcome Spring

Spring has come when:
woodchucks
pop up
from their burrows
to see their shadows.

Spring has come when:
robins
sing
a happy song
all day long.

Spring has come when:
skunks
dump
the junk
in their trunks.

Spring has come when:
the air smells fresh
and flowers dress
after spring showers
everything covers.

Spring has come when:
red-winged black birds
are daily heard
announcing springs' return
early every morn.

Spring has come when:
temperatures warm
as the shining sun
rises earlier
and sets later.

Spring has come when:
gardeners cheer
and gardens are cleared.
It's a date;
they're not late.

Spring has come when:
the sun rises
and surprises
await to be found
and miracles abound.

* * * * *

It's spring
when everything
is new again!

Something else is new every day and not just in passing.
It's God's great love, his mercy, for us – His compassion -
daily, each and every day the whole day long it's lasting.

Yes, the Lord is faithful
even when we're unfaithful.
God forgives when in prayer we call.

Something new will surely spring
when to the Lord you bring
your afflictions and wanderings.

So pray, hope, seek, and wait
and you'll find God is great
and He will never be late.

Wait for the Lord to deliver you
from whatever you're going through.
He will remain faithful to you.

You can start new again.
Your heart will again sing
joyful songs of thanksgiving.

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope.
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
Lamentations 3:19-26


To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol II
go to WestBow Press, Amazon or B&N.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol I
go to Amazon or B&N.

Follow Life Is a Garden Party on facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment