Life is a Garden Party

Friday, April 15, 2016

Sunshines

Sunshines

Sunday I saw the very first one.

I did think to myself, “how fun!”

It reminded me of being young.


Monday I did not see a one

as we had an all-day rain storm.

We needed the rain more than sun.

Tuesday I saw a few. I could count one plus one.

They looked like little smiley faces – little suns.

I told someone about them when I talked on the phone.


Wednesday I wasn’t at home.

Didn’t pay any attention.

I had spent the day on the run.


Thursday I thought, “where did they all come from?”

They were seen in the grass, the beds, the garden.

I needed to start removing one by one.


Friday more yellow than green did abound.

How come one was fun, but more was wrong?

It looks like they’ll add up to a ton.

Saturday they were finally mowed to the ground.

Green grass appeared for a few minutes when done

before they popped up again, these little yellow suns.


Little yellow sunshines in the grass are dandelions.

Irregardless of what you might think, they can be fun.

What are your thoughts about dandelions? Work or fun?

* * * * *

Perhaps we should view dandelions as our blessings.
We can never have too many of God’s blessings.
For each dandelion write down a blessing
to put in a glass jar you’ve labeled “blessings.”

It will be a reminder when life is confusing
and you are prone to give in to stressing from testings.
The reminder jar will keep you from stressing
during the times you’re experiencing testings.

Instead of living in much strife and guessing,
you can review your blessings and be resting
in God’s promises – His many blessings,
for everyday we receive more blessings.

The blessing of the Lord brings wealth,

and he adds no trouble to it.


Proverbs 10:22

First dandelion seen here at Rainbow's End 2016.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol II
go to WestBow Press, Amazon or B&N.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol I
go to Amazon or B&N.

Follow Life Is a Garden Party on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment