Life is a Garden Party

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Friend Toad

 Friend Toad

Friend toad
truth told
is my helper
for gardeners
need an assistant
other than the ants.

Friend toad
I'm told
eats bugs
and grubs
or slugs.
Yuk! Ugh!

Friend toad
eats loads
you know
but first folds
his grateful hands in prayer
to say thanks for his fare.

Friend toad
tongue rolled
finds good things to eat.
To him a sweet treat.
Slurp!
Burp!

Friend toad
now rolls
into a mound
on the brown ground
to snooze and digest
his dinner guests.

- - - - -

Whenever I find a toad,
I'm surprised and startled.
This week a big one was found.
As big as my hand is round.

I fed him found grubs
which he seemed to love
for they had disappeared when
I went to check on him.

* * * * *

Our daily blessings we tend to forget
like shelter, food, clothing, relationships -
the basic necessities of life,
without which would cause unending strife.

All these and so many more
are blessings from the Lord
for the Lord doesn't want us to live in strife.
He wants us to have joy, peace and hope in our life.

Be sure to thank the Lord today
for all the good things He's sent your way
and thank Him for His good purpose and plan
that is waiting for all men and women.

May the God of hope
fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in him,
so that you may overflow with hope
by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11




To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol II
go to WestBow Press, Amazon or B&N.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol I
go to Amazon or B&N.

Follow Life Is a Garden Party on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment