Life is a Garden Party

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Late

Late

Late last night unwelcome visitors came
across the road in a single lane
leaving tracks in the snow
causing me distress and woe.

Whoever it was dined on evergreens
then quietly left the crime scene
leaving footprints behind.
I don’t think they are kind.

They sampled here and there
deciding the tastiest fare.
Was it bucks or does?
I do not know.

I had intended to drape some net
across the azalea – their favorite -
but I did not get to it.
Now I can see I’m too late.

Other shrubs are enclosed by a fence
to discourage late night visitors thence.
The azalea won’t be as pretty this year
for it was nibbled down by not dear deer.

All because I procrastinated too long
I now sing this sad woebegone song.
It’s now too late.
Deer I’ve come to hate.




To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol II
go to WestBow Press, Amazon or B&N.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol I
go to Amazon or B&N.

Follow Life Is a Garden Party on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment