Life is a Garden Party

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Autumn's Blanket


AUTUMN'S BLANKET



Rain came during the night.

Leaves now tumble in flight

weaving a blanket on the ground

where autumn's rainbow is now found.



Gently leaves float down, quiet

settling as a soft blanket

warming the ground

in rusts and browns.



Other leaves are bright burgundy,

or orange from sugar maple trees,

nestling together as they settle on the grass

where they'll slowly turn brown as autumn comes to pass.



The leaves will rustle when the breeze blows

making more work for someone to tow

but in the meantime they will cuddle

into a blanket in a huddle.



Covering the earth in a hug

waiting for someone to come lug

this blanket which gently settled

over the ground in a puddle.



Autumn's blanket in gold, orange, brown, or rust

with burgundy swirling around when a gust

of wind rustles the leaves.

A-choo! Someone just sneezed.



For autumn brings with it allergy season

until Jack Frost comes and it's freezing.

In the meantime someone snuggles,

under a blanket they huddle.



* * * * *

Snuggling under a blanket

at night when it's quiet

when the day is done

just before sleep comes

what do you think about?

Are you filled with doubts?



There's much uncertainty in the world.

Everyday more unrest unfolds.

There might be calamity

filling one with anxiety.

Many are in pain and distress

causing relentless ongoing stress.



Everyone everywhere has troubles

but bear in mind God is able -

for with God nothing is impossible.

God has an answer to your troubles.

He has a plan and purpose already in mind

to relieve you of the burdens on your mind.



The answer is found in patiently waiting

while everyday in faith believing resting.

Faith believing should be a place of calm assurance

that God is with you and will give you endurance

to battle whatever it is you're going through

and will bestow you with loving kindness too.



Yes, you are loved by God, it's true,

as each morning breaks anew.

Remind yourself, “I am loved by God today.”

It will help you cope with what comes your way.

And whatever comes your way might be God's way

to show Himself faithful to you everyday.





Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,

for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, “the Lord is my portion;

therefore I will wait for him.”

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,

to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly

for the salvation of the Lord.

Lamentations 3:22-26



Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,

who comforts us in all our troubles.

II Corinthians 1:3-4



What is impossible with men is possible with God.

Luke 18:27



"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,

"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,

plans to give you hope and a future.

Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me,

and I will listen to you.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Jeremiah 29:11-13



I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,

and in his word I put my hope.

Psalm 130:5



So we say with confidence,

"The Lord is my helper."

Hebrews 13:6



Life Is a Garden Party, Vol I, II, and III
are all available via Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment