Life is a Garden Party

Friday, January 5, 2018

Catalogs


CATALOGS



Today the mailbox is stuffed with seed catalogs –

there’s Gardens Alive, Burpee, Gurney’s, and more.

Despite a blizzard outdoors

over their pages I pour.

Every year I seem to want more, more, more.

Seed catalogs have more than the store.



Whenever I receive a seed catalog

my hopes and dreams for my garden does soar

for I want more, more, more.

Seed catalogs are a lure.

If I were to buy more,

I forget I will be sore.



For digging in the dirt makes me sore.

There are stones buried in the ground’s floor.

Though digging is good for my core

and I’m thankful for garden boots wore

to me gardening is never a bore.

Especially if I were to buy more, more, more.



So today I’ll pour

over these catalogs.

An enchanting tour

each year seems to lure.

My yearly quest for more, more, more

will leave me financially poor

but, oh, the allure

of this catalog tour.



Did I order more?

Unfortunately no

for neither my checkbook nor

my rainy-day fund had in store

enough lucre

for more, more, more.

* * * * *



Contentment:

a word meant

to be gratified

and satisfied.



Serenity comes to mind

though it’s often hard to find.

To be happy with what is.

To not want is the quiz.



Did I pass?

Not while life lasts!

I want more, more, more.

Something always lures.



Keep your lives free from the love of money

and be content with what you have…

Hebrews 13:5



Godliness with contentment is great gain. I Timothy 6:6



The fear of the Lord leads to life:

then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

Proverbs 19:23



There was no end to his toil,

yet his eyes were not content with his wealth.

This too is meaningless - a miserable business.

Ecclesiastes 4:8



I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances...

I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation.

Philippians 4:11-12



If we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

I Timothy 6:8
 

To order Life Is a Garden Party,Vol III
go to CreateSpace or Amazon.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment