Life is a Garden Party

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Broken Pieces

Tuesday I was sharing with a friend from Matthew 14 about Jesus feeding the 5,000.
The disciples picked up 12 basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. (NIV)
I shared with my friend that my life is a pile of broken pieces
and that my writing Life Is a Garden Party perhaps is putting the pieces back together.
God had a plan and purpose for allowing the broken pieces after all. 
(When I shared with a friend, I was struggling with my purpose.)

Thursday evening I was surprised with a gift of When God Doesn't Fix It by Laura Story.
God's perfect timing!  I read it Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.
Considered Saturday afternoon reading a vacation day and now feel refreshed.

If you feel that your life consists of broken pieces,
I would recommend you read Laura's story.  It is very healing.
I've stated before (as learned through my journey through the wilderness): 
"Don't ask God, why?  Ask God, what are you teaching me?"
Laura states it differently, but with the same end result.
Do consider your journey "for God's glory" and look for His presence.
Asking God "why" will cast doubt on your faith.
Asking "what is God teaching me" will grow your faith.

In reading Laura Story's story, I was reminded of poems I wrote years ago.
Sharing a couple here:

Strong Love
Lord, it's just too hard.  I've lost my strength.
Child, I love you to the width and length -
feel my mighty hands and outstretched arms
holding you and keeping you safe from harms.

Lord, I just can't take it any more.
Child, I have only good things in store.
My mighty hands will help you endure.
My outstretched arms contain the sure cure.

Lord, I need help right now.  Help me, Lord.
Child, I have what you need.  I can afford.
My mighty hands willingly give without measure.
My outstretched arms contain boundless treasures.

Lord, no one understands what I'm going through.
Child, I understand even better than you.
Take my mighty hand.  I will guide you to the end.
Feel my outstretched arms around you to protect and fend.

Lord, where is the good in my life.
Child, you're making problems and causing strife.
My mighty hands have the solutions you need.
My outstretched arms will satisfy any greed.

Lord, Thy will be done.
Child, welcome home -
here in my outstretched arms safe and sound.
From my mighty hands, blessings are found.

You saw with your eyes the great trials,
the miraculous signs and wonders,
his mighty hand and outstretched arm,
with which the Lord your God brought you out.
Deuteronomy 7:19
 
With a mighty hand and outstretched arm,
His love endures forever.
Psalm 136:12
 

Without Number

Refrain:
As countless as the sands on the seashores
your blessings on me continually pour.
As numerous as the stars in the sky
from the day I was born to the day I die
you continually show me I am treasured.
Your love for me cannot ever be measured.
Without number you love me more and more.
Everyday your blessings continue to pour.

No one but you, Lord, showers all creation
with loving kindness and tender compassion.
No one but you, Lord, is abounding in love
and is daily faithful from heaven above.
No one but you, Lord, is always forgiving
and satisfies me with your many blessings.
There's no one like you, Lord. No one. No one.
There's no one like you, God's one and only Son.

If  I should ever doubt your ways and ask why
I'll just look up at the stars in the night sky
or I'll think of all the sands on the seashores
then I'll know that your blessings on me will pour
because you shower your loving kindness on me
and have more compassion than the deepest sea.
I know your love, faithfulness, and forgiveness
is without number - numerous and countless.

I need not ever fear, no, for you are nigh.
I know your love is much bigger than the sky
and greater than all the sand on the seashore.
Though I'm undeserving your blessings still pour.
You will bless me with love 'til the day I die
when I will arrive in heaven by and by.
On that glad day I will see you face to face
surrounded by everlasting love and grace.

Hardships and trials in life will seem worth it
on that day when I arrive at heaven's gate
for to see your nail-scarred hands and feet, will speak
of your loving kindness from your mercy seat.
You had me in your mind that sad but glad day
even when you knew I would drift far away.
Glory to God!  Your love endures forever!
It's numerous and countless - without number.

Life Is a Garden Party is available via Amazon.
 
For those of you who have purchased,
please consider leaving a review on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment