Life is a Garden Party

Monday, April 30, 2018

Afternoon Stroll 4/30/18

 Hyacinth

 Hardy Magnolia

 Squill

 Perennial Forget-Me-Not

 Hellebore

 Rhubarb

 Lungwort

 Daffodil

Bleeding Heart

Now that spring has arrived (a month late),
the garden will be changing everyday.
More foliage, new blooms - can't wait!

Noticed today there are zillions of maple seedlings sprouted.
What a nuisance!

Also noticed lettuce is coming up from last year's plants going to seed.
Forgot to check the asparagus.
Asparagus is normally harvested here in Upstate NY in May.
Will be adding to my morning scrambled eggs.

Sorted vegetable and flower seeds today.
Already know I'll be running out of room.

Will continue moving compost pile tomorrow.
Hopefully this week's heatwave will warm the soil enough
to start planting spinach and lettuces.

I had stated earlier that while spring was detained,
it may be we'll skip spring
and go directly to summer.
Something an old timer would state.
Recent mailings announce my age on the envelopes
re signing up for Medicare.
I don't think of myself as old
though aches and pains suggest it.

Bloom where you are planted!


No comments:

Post a Comment