Life is a Garden Party

Saturday, September 1, 2018

August 31

Intended to post this one yesterday, August 31st.
Now it's September - already.


August 31

Before the last sun
of August goes down
hidden crickets strum a loud refrain
inviting September once again.

Butterflies float in
on spotted orange wings.
To the butterfly bush they race,
then seen in a chasing race.

Magical to watch.
Difficult to catch
in the camera lens
for they're off again...

but soon they're back
for another snack
as they will fast
until breakfast.

Bees take a last sip
before the sun slips
down behind the arched hill
before night settles in, still.

Soon bees and butterflies
no longer will be seen fly.
They settle in for the night
resting until first light...

then when the new day comes
they're be ready for much fun
entertaining me
with a show for free.

Shadows stretch out as day turns into night.
The sun seems to shine golden as its last light
kisses the earth with promise
with sunset's rainbow of bliss.

Daylight is gone;
nighttime has come.
September will be born
with the birth of morn.

* * * * *

Yes, the earth seems to be kissed by the sun
before the day in done and nighttime comes.
September will be here in the morn.
A new month with endless possibilities born.

Endless possibilities await
tomorrow morning when you awake.
Goals, ambitions, plans, dreams
awaken with the sunbeams.

You can do it” -
just start doing it.
Forsake the can'ts
that say naught.

Let God lead you
in what's right for you.
Let your light be seen.
Follow your dream.

You can do it.
Believe that spirit.
Now go out and do it.
You'll be better off for it.

I can do all things through Christ, who strengtheneth me.
Philippians 4:13 (KJV)

I can do
I can do
I can do anything
I can do anything through Christ.
I can do
I can do
I can do anything
I can do anything through Christ
who strengtheneth me.

Life Is a Garden Party is available via Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment