Life is a Garden Party

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Manger



MANGER

Have you ever considered the manger?
Some crudely cut wood pieced together
used as a feed box for barnyard animals
was nothing extraordinary after all.

A lowly, humble, crude trough
made out of wood cut rough
to serve a purpose -
to hold hay was its use.

Nothing fancy about it, probably quite plain.
Perhaps not even chiseled with a plane.
Nothing that would garner attention -
except when dinnertime came.

But maybe there was something quite remarkable.
One, it was accessible; and two, available.
It made a convenient bassinet or crib
for it would cradle a baby, it did.

The manger, a word heard once a year
when reading the first Christmas story dear.
Though humble, this lowly manger,
would cradle the promised Savior.

It's purpose glorified that night
brought the shepherds delight
for just as the angel said
it was the Savior's bed.

In fact, “the King's bed,”
it could be said.
God had a plan to turn what was humble, yet available,
into something extraordinarily wonderful!

* * * * *

Have you ever thought
you could never do that?
Is it because you feel insecure or inferior?
Perhaps lowly like the humble manger.

Do your anxieties hold you back?
Maybe it's confidence you lack?
Perhaps not speak in front of a crowd
because your knees would be knocking too loud.

Do you know God uses what's available
and He will give you grace that enables.
Do you suppose God could use someone like you
if you had the courage to ask Him to?

The Bible shows us God doesn't look at the outward stuff,
so if you think you're not thin enough or educated enough,
be aware God is more concerned about the attitude of your heart
then He is about status that you think might set someone apart.

Ask God to give you a testimony bold
and He will refine you as the choicest gold.
Notice God didn't chose the most gifted speakers
for God's Word records tongue-tied orators/preachers.

Moses and Jeremiah tried to bow out
when God surprisingly chose them to shout out
His message to His people,
their excuses being feeble.

God has a wonderful plan and purpose just for you.
All you need is to see yourself through God's loving view.
Like the manger, God has something wonderful waiting for you.
Ask God for His holy boldness then go out and share the Good News.


This will be a sign to you:
You will find a baby wrapped in cloths
and lying in a manger.
Luke 2:12

Moses said to the Lord,
“O Lord, I have never been eloquent,
neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant.
I am slow of speech and tongue.”
The Lord said to him,
“Who gave man his mouth?
Who makes him deaf or mute?
Who gives him sight or makes him blind?
Is it not I, the Lord? Now go;
I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”
Exodus 4:10-12

The word of the Lord came to me, saying,
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
“Ah, Sovereign Lord,” I said,
“I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.”
But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, 'I am only a child'.
You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you.
Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you."
Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me,
“Now, I have put my words in your mouth.”
Jeremiah 1:4-9

Man looks at the outward appearance,
but the Lord looks at the heart.
I Samuel 16:7

Enable your servants to speak your word
with great boldness.
Acts 4:29

I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

As for you, the anointing your received from him remains in you,
and you do not need anyone to teach you.
But as this anointing teaches you about all things
and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit -
just as it has taught you, remain in him.
I John 2:27



No comments:

Post a Comment