Life is a Garden Party

Friday, May 24, 2019

Garden Tour 5/24/19

For, lo, the winter is past,
the rains are over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth;
the time of the singing of birds has come.
Song of Solomon 2:11-12

It seemed like such a long wait for spring to arrive.
Now, everyday, it seems like foliage grows inches overnight.
More blooms every morning.  Moonlight magic?
That was my thought when I read Deuteronomy 33:13-14 recently.
Wren was singing his opus when I was trimming bushes today.
Rain in the forecast tomorrow.
Though I prefer to begin planting the vegetable garden this weekend
(the traditional weekend to plant seeds in the northeast),
I do need a day to catch up on household chores.

Here are some photos from today of my "happy place".

Wild daisies are beginning to bloom.

Lots of purples in the garden this week:

Alliums 

Salvia 

Lilacs

Rhodos and azaleas blooming:




Euphorbia caught my attention this afternoon:

Snowball bush - inherited from my mother's father's family:

Jack-in-the-Pulpit - in the woodland garden:


Deer consumed most of the Solomon Seal:




Columbine 
(self seeds at will)

This Hosta was bartered for Chinese Lanterns.
Theirs was larger than I could stretch my arms.
Though mine is quite large, it still has feet to grow to be that large.
Should have sprayed again with deer deterrent today.

Was telling someone yesterday the year I had two surgeries in one day,
I did not fill the prescription for pain killers.
My medicine was walking around the garden everyday to see what was blooming.
 Remembering who gave me what was healing.
I have been blessed in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment