Life is a Garden Party

Monday, February 3, 2020

February 3, 2020

A beautiful blue sky, sunshiny, unusually mild 40 degree February day here in southern NY.  Welcome after a snowy day yesterday and several sunless days.

The weeping cherry tree is aflutter with feathered friends, who are singing their hearts out, reminding me of Ecclesiastes - "the time of the singing of birds has come".

Put out some peanuts for the blue jays and later some pumpkin seeds for the chickadees.



So frustrating to take decent photos, but Mama cardinal surprised me:




My mother told me she saw robins this morning.  Wonder what they're finding to eat under the snow.  When I saw these footprints in the snow, I reminded of the the song "Rocking Robin".


(The makeshift "bird feeder" is an old fan face attached to the old fan base, lined with nylon net. I recently put some dried beans in the "feeder" but the birds are not interested.)

No comments:

Post a Comment