Life is a Garden Party

Friday, February 19, 2021

Hummers

 

Hummers


I was almost bombed tonight

when a hummingbird set his sights

on my red colored shirt

while I was digging in the dirt.


We had a stare down

before he turned around

to sit on the garden fence.

I watched what would circumvent.


It spit twice.

Was that nice?

Then caught a gnat.

How about that!


Little did we know

that lurking was a foe,

or maybe it was a date

who was looking for a mate.


Perhaps a mating dance ensued,

then maybe a proposal pursued.

Their little heads turned right and left.

I wonder if they had any sense left.


For I was dizzy

from their activity.

Then off they went

across the fence.


One was female.

Was the other male?

I did notice their emerald colored tails

as the sun shone on them in my little dale.


Up into the sky they flew

with wings of emerald hue.

I’m sure they will be back

for I have bee balm out back.

* * * * *


Red bee balm attracts hummers

and bees who are also hummers.

All day long humming can be heard

from busy bees and hummingbirds.


Take a moment to listen.

Perhaps this moment will lessen

any frustration

you’re possessing.


As the birds and bees work

take time from your busy work

to enjoy God’s wondrous creation.

It was for you, this work of creation.


Something else that lessens

any uprising frustration

is a song in your heart

that comes out of your mouth:


When thru the woods and forest glades I wander,

and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;

when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur

and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze.

Then sings my soul,

my Savior God to Thee,

how great Thou Art,

how great Thou Art!”

(Carl Boberg)


Blessed be your glorious name,

and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise.

You alone are the Lord.

You made the heavens, even the highest heavens,

and all the starry host,

the earth and all that is on it,

the seas and all that is in them.

You give life to everything,

and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

Nehemiah 9:6


The heavens are yours, and yours also the earth;

you founded the world and all that is in it.

Psalm 89:11


To whom will you compare me?

Or who is my equal? Says the Holy One.

Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:

Who created all these?

He who brings out the starry host one by one,

and calls them each by name.

Because of his great power and mighty strength,

not one of them is missing.

Isaiah 40:25-26


Do you not know? Have you not heard?

The Lord is the everlasting God,

the Creator of the ends of the earth.

Isaiah 40:28



Life Is a Garden Party

is available via Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment