Life is a Garden Party

Saturday, May 22, 2021

GARDEN TOUR 5/22/21

Orange and purple blooms are abundant right now.  

Those colors are my favorite color combination in the garden.  

Perennial poppies.  
When the allium seed heads dry, will sprinkle in this bed.

These wild poppies and forget-me-nots planted themselves.  
These wild poppy blooms only bloom in the mornings.

The deer left me a few Solomon Seal flowers to take photos of.

Wisteria (and all other flowering trees and bushes) are the absolute best this year.



Although planted under the pine, ajuga has morphed into the sunny part of the yard.  
Will mow down in a couple of weeks.

Lily of the valley took awhile to become established but now invasive.
Difficult to dig up to share.

Bought myself my Mother's Day gift, although I'm not a mother.
Never really cared for petunias, but wave petunias are magnificent.

Woodland hyacinth planted between hostas.
Deer have chowed down before I got around to spraying.
Put off due to rainy weather at that time.

Cantoon.  Blooms profusely in the spring and blossoms return in the fall.
Have a video of a rabbit chowing down cantoon's leaves.
In that case only, a garden helper saving me from the need to deadhead.

Star of Bethlehem.  

Sweet Woodruff groundcover.

Allium self seed profusely.  When seed heads dry, I cut to share.

This Gerber Daisy was a gift last weekend.  Planted with white and blue flowers.
Patriotic planters attract my attention.

Despite being covered by a net, deer dined on this Azalea.  

Rhodo getting ready to pop in this week's heat.



Lilacs were lush and full this year, as were all flowering trees and bushes.

Snowball Bush, handed down from my mother's father's family.


Too hot to do gardening this week.  Did plant some flower seeds one afternoon, including zinnias which will bloom in time for monarch's migration.  Also planted potatoes.  Harvesting asparagus and spinach.  Leaf lettuce soon.

How does your garden grow?

For the earth,

which drinketh in the rain

which falleth often upon it,

and bringeth forth herbs fit for him

by whom it is tilled,

receiveth blessings from God.

Hebrews 6:7



No comments:

Post a Comment