Life is a Garden Party

Thursday, April 6, 2023

ENOUGH

My intent was to move compost today but sprinkles kept me inside, when I'd rather be outside.  In a couple of days this story will repeat itself.

Enough

Time to dispense last year's compost.

A bevy of good things it does host

from long-decayed leaves and greens

and from what garden cleanup gleans.

It looks like there’ll be enough.

Soon my back shouts “enough!”


Time to dispense last year’s compost.

An abundance of earthworms it hosts.

The biggest earthworms I’ve ever seen

making this gardener feel like a queen.

Of earthworms there are never enough.

A backache makes this chore rough.


Time to dispense last year’s compost.

Of earthworms, the biggest and most.

Robins find a free meal to glean

though earthworms think we’re both mean.

Robins are thankful there’s enough.

I’m ready to sit on my duff.


Time to dispense last year’s compost

ensuring the vegetable garden will boast

pots of gold blossoms and foliage green.

With compost, you’re on the winning team.

With each load the chore seems tough

as my backache shouts “enough!”


Time to dispense last year’s compost.

In the hot sun I sweat and roast.

I wish this chore would make me lean.

It tends to give me a backache mean.

This year will there be enough?

My backache shouts “enough!”


Time to dispense last year’s compost.

Today I finished moving compost.

A perfect day under the sun’s beams

with birds serenading in between.

Yes, half an hour ago my backache shouted “enough,”

but each year I find of compost there’s never enough.


* * * * *


Everyday there is something that’s too much

and the same something that’s never enough.

It has to do with our speech

for who knows where our words will reach?


Everyday there’s too much slander going on –

with gossip, criticism, angry words spoken,

judgmental attitudes,

tangled with foul moods.


There’s never enough encouragement,

words that build up in our statements,

uplifting words, words of hope and cheer.

Words that everyone needs to hear.


Tearing down vs. building up. Which team are you on?

Remember, your words will last a lifetime when spoken.

If you need to apologize, don’t delay,

the Lord will give you healing words to say.


The Bible contrasts blessings vs. cursings

when it speaks about words our mouths are speaking.

Train yourself to bless one another

for words greatly influence others.


Be known as an encourager.

Everyone will be happier.

Mostly yourself as you’ll find happiness

comes from within. You’ll be doubly blessed!


Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing.

My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

James 3:10 (KJV)


Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth,

but that which is good to the use of edifying,

that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Ephesians 4:29 (KJV)


You must rid yourselves of all such things as these:

anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.

Colossians 3:8


Encourage one another and build each other up.

I Thessalonians 5:11


Encourage one another daily.

Hebrews 3:13



There are 3 pallet bins.  The one to be emptied this spring is 2 years old.  
They are too large to manually turn, as recommended.
Compost Activator from Gardens Alive speeds up the process.

Life Is a Garden Party
is available via Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment