Life is a Garden Party

Monday, June 16, 2014

Without Number

(I'm not posting a gardening story this time.  More like a life lesson story.)

No one but you, Lord, showers all creation
with loving kindness and tender compassion.
No one but you, Lord, is abounding in love
and is daily faithful from heaven above.
No one but you, Lord, is always forgiving
and satisfies me with your many blessings.
There's no one like you, Lord.  No one.  No one.
There's no one like you, God's one and only Son.

If I should ever doubt your ways and ask why
I'll just look up at the stars in the night sky
or I'll think of all the sand on the seashores
and I'll know that your blessings on me will pour
because you shower your loving kindness on me
and have more compassion than the deepest sea.
I know your love, faithfulness and forgiveness
is without number - numerous, and countless.

I need not ever fear, no, for you are nigh.
I know your love is much bigger than the sky
and greater than all the sand on the seashore.
Though I'm undeserving, your blessings still pour.
You will bless me with love 'til the day I die
when I will arrive in heaven by and by.
On that glad day I will see you face to face
surrounded by everlasting love and grace.

Hardships and trials in life will seem worth it
on that day when I arrive at heaven's gate
for to see your nail-scarred hands and feet, will speak
of your loving kindness from your mercy seat.
You had me in your mind that sad but glad day
even when you knew I would drift far away.
Glory to God!  Your love endures forever!
It's numerous and countless - without number.

Refrain:
As countless as the sands on the seashores
your blessings on me continually pour.
As numerous as the stars in the sky
from the day I was born to the day I die
you continually show me I am treasured.
You love for me cannot ever be measured.
Without number you do love me more and more.
Everyday your blessings continue to pour.
There's no one like you, Lord.  No one.  No one.
There's no one like you, God's one and only Son.

...as numerous as the stars in the sky,
as countless as the sand on the seashore.
Hebrews 11:12

The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness,
maintaining love to thousands,
and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin.
Exodus 34:6-7

His love endures forever.
Psalm 136

2 comments:

  1. As I read this cold chills ran through me and I could visualize the love that you and GODS children that really yearn for HIM have. This is beautiful!!! May GOD richly bless you, Always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anita, for taking the time to read and respond. You have the gift of encouragement. May Jesus Christ be praised!

    ReplyDelete