Life is a Garden Party

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Tasty

A honey bee investigates
plantain then off again irate
for plantain didn't agree with his palate.

As he navigates
he seems to hesitate
where clover accumulates.

Clover he appreciates.
He anticipates
nectar imminent.

As he negotiates
not a one does he eliminate.
Each blossom he evaluates.

Do they taste like chocolate?
What would be your guesstimate?
Too bad the bee can't communicate.

But he would communicate
if one did somehow aggravate
with a sting appropriate.

Let's not this lesson formulate
or you'll become quite animate
as you jump around to illustrate.

There is another debate
we should illustrate
designed to fascinate.

As this bee ate
he also pollinates
food for our plate.

He collaborates
and cooperates
with his maker, who's great!

Bees are necessary to facilitate
the lifespan of you and me and primates,
so to bees we should be compassionate.

Please tolerate
bees who stimulate
blossoms delicate.

And please allocate
time to affiliate
with bees who pollinate.

Just take time to watch bees delegate.
Taking time will invigorate.
Being too busy will frustrate.

Bees are one of God's helpmates
teaching us to appreciate
all the Creator did create.

Not only do bees pollinate,
while every day cultivate,
they greatly fascinate.

For honey bees somehow incorporate
pollen into making honey sweet.
What a tasty way to celebrate.

Clover honey is tasty to your palate
though sticky on your fingers and plate.
Be thankful for God's busiest helpmates.

* * * * *

When I write I write from what I've seen or glean
from working in the yard, sometimes on my knees.
I really did see a bee on a plantain
then he flew to the clover blossoms on hand.

Then the words navigate and pollinate came to me
as he flew to the clover blossoms at my knee.
I played around with other rhyming words in my head
then finally wrote them down before I went to bed.

I must confess I used an on-line rhyming dictionary
to find words rhyming with investigate, there are many,
when I wrote the above rhyme.
I hope you don't mind.

I really don't know what I'm going to say.
My finger type faster than my mind some days.
The words or phrases quickly spill out.
The meter matches without thought.

Writing to me is truly a gift from God.
Perhaps teaching me there's purpose when times are hard.
I pray that my simple words will encourage you too
in whatever it is in life you are going through.

Because of encouragement from others,
I keep writing as a gardener
then add a little helpful inspiration
with scripture to support the application.

My heart does overflow
with words which flow
from my fingers which type
words that my mind writes.

I question if these words will make sense to anyone but me.
Someday they might make a memorial as in memory.
And maybe someday someone will recite
one of these poems to someone's delight.

My heart overflows with a beautiful thought!
...like the pen of a skillful poet.
Psalm 45:1 (NLT)


First book signing for Life Is a Garden Party, Vol II is July 19 at Barnes and Noble in Horseheads from 2-4:00.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol II, go to WestBowPress.

No comments:

Post a Comment