Life is a Garden Party

Friday, January 9, 2015

Catalogs

Today the mailbox is stuffed with seed catalogs adored.
There's Gardens Alive, Burpee, Park Seeds and many more.
Despite a blizzard outdoors,
over their pages I pour.
Every year I seem to want more, more, more.
Seed catalogs offer more than the store.

Whenever a seed catalog comes in my door
my hopes and dreams for my garden named "Rainbow's End" soars
for I want more, more, more.
Seed catalogs allure
with much that I adore.
An enchanting free tour.

If I were to buy more,
I forget I will be sore
for digging in the dirt makes one sore
from stones buried in the earth's floor.
Digging is good for my core.
To me gardening is never a bore.

So today I'll pour
over these catalogs.
My yearly quest for more, more, more
will leave me financially poor
but, oh the allure,
of this catalog tour.

Did I order more?
Unfortunately no for
neither my checkbook nor
my rainy-day fund had in store
enough lucre
for more, more, more.

* * * * *

Contentment:
a word meant
to be satisfied
and gratified.

Serenity comes to mind,
though it's often hard to find.
To be happy with what is.
To not want is the quiz.

Did I pass?
Not while life lasts!
I want more, more, more.
Something always lures.

Keep your lives free from the love of money
and be content with what you have.
Hebrews 13:5

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol II
go to WestBow Press, Amazon or B&N.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol I
go to Amazon or B&N.

No comments:

Post a Comment