Life is a Garden Party

Monday, February 15, 2016

Hummers

Hummers

When hummers come

to watch is fun.

They dip

then sip.

Zip zip

wings flick.

      Gone quick.

Visiting the trumpet vine

at set times while the sun shines

into red clusters they dip

from trumpet flowers they sip.

When hummers zip quick

do they wear lipstick

on their lips?

Who knows, they’re quick.

I’ve seen them sit

on the fence for a minute.

As soon as I approach – zip

off quick

they went.

Zip zip!

They’ll be back soon

when bee balm blooms.

Several will dine

all at one time

in citrus-scented blossoms.

                                                     Who knows where hummers come from -

                                                wearing bright feathers called down.

I’m delighted they remember me

and I’m glad when hummers I see.

I hear one now.

There he is – wow!

Dip.
Sip.
Zip!

* * * * *

Be sure to take time from your busy day
to enjoy God’s great creation today.
Creation was designed with you in mind
because God the Creator is so kind.

Whether it be birds singing
or hummingbirds humming,
God created birds for our enjoyment.
One of His many blessings to us sent.

The birds of the air nest by the waters;
they sing among the branches.
Psalm 104:12



To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol II
go to WestBow Press, Amazon or B&N.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol I
go to Amazon or B&N.

Follow Life Is a Garden Party on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment