Life is a Garden Party

Monday, July 4, 2016

Bunny

It was 10 years ago today, July 4th, that I started writing in rhyme.
Didn't know I could.  Here's one of the first poems written:

Sedum smells like honey.
If you think that's funny,
wait until it's sunny
and there you'll find bunny.

Bunny comes a-hopping,
his long brown ears a-flopping,
his white puff tail a-bopping,
in my garden he's a-stopping.

Bunny takes a nibble here
and another over there.
Can't tell if its flowers he likes
or vegetables bring more delight.

Bunny came to visit
then in the road he's hit.
I need to dig a burial pit
before I can relax and sit.

I wanted bunny to move on
but not to heaven so soon.
What a sad, sad tale
no more bunny tail.

Photo of a "crazy daisy".

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol II
go to WestBow Press, Amazon or B&N.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol I
go to Amazon or B&N.

Follow Life Is a Garden Party on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. I try to post a new story each week. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

    ReplyDelete