Life is a Garden Party

Monday, July 25, 2016

Vegetable Humor

VEGETABLE HUMOR


Can you guess who I am?
Lettuce now begin.

Plant five seeds together in a hill.
In a few days green leafs will spill.
You’ll find bees in our blossoms.
Soon you will see our fruit zoom.

If you carrot all for me
you’ll very cauliflowerly
watch your manners, peas do not squash.
Otherwise I’ll end up squashed – ouch!

Here’s a clue to recucumber as I’m a good treat:
Tommorato I’ll be ready to eat.
Try me with peppers, onions, tomatoes, and garlic.
I’ll be yonion and very good to the last lick.

I can be eaten raw, or fried, or steamed.
I can be grated for cake with ice cream.
I can be made into pickle relish,
even though I’m not very ticklish.

The corn is listening with their ears so don’t lie.
The potatoes are watching with their eyes, oh my.
You’ve bean strung along on a string in the heat.
If you goof you’ll turn as red as a red beet.

Look behind the cabbage.
Can you now spinach, huh?
You’ve now run out of thyme.
Just who do you think I am?

Here I am. It’s me.
Now do "zucchini" (you see me)?
(Maybe I’m just a little bit funny?)

* * * * *


Just a little bit of humor goes a long ways
as it will brighten any weary day.
Ecclesiastes says there’s a time to laugh.
Laughter can be quite healing. How about that!

I pray you’ll have more laughter than tears
for joy will lessen any fears.
I pray you’ll have more good times than bad
so that you will rarely be sad.

I pray you’ll have much happiness
with peacefulness and quiet rest.
I pray you’ll have contentment.
I pray these blessings are sent.

You’ll find laughter and happiness and contentment
are blessings from a loving heavenly Father sent
to everyone of us
when we learn to trust.

When you count your blessings
I know you’ll be filled with joy.
You might find yourself laughing
with much thankfulness and joy.

Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy…
The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.
Psalm 126:2-3

A time to weep and a time to laugh…

Ecclesiastes 3:4


To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol II
go to WestBow Press, Amazon or B&N.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol I
go to Amazon or B&N.

Follow Life Is a Garden Party on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment