Life is a Garden Party

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Bunny

Was mowing between the thunder showers when a baby bunny scurried out.
Was reminded of this story from Vol I of Life Is a Garden Party,
available through Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

Sedum smells like honey.
If you think that's funny,
wait until it's sunny
and there you'll find bunny.

Bunny comes a-hopping,
his long brown ears a-flopping,
his white puff tail a-bopping -
in my garden he's a-stopping.

Bunny takes a nibble here
and another over there.
Can't tell if it's flowers he likes
or vegetables bring more delight.

I'd prefer that bunny moves,
for he eats whatever he chooses.
He never seems to gain weight,
for he still fits through the gate.

Bunny came to visit
then in the road he's hit.
I need to dig a burial pit
before I can then relax and sit.

I wanted bunny to move on
but not to heaven so soon.
What a sad, sad tale.
No more bunny tail.

Would bunny have a strawberry snack attack?


No comments:

Post a Comment