Life is a Garden Party

Thursday, February 28, 2019

February 28

Been having some health issues this month.  Will update when have a definitive diagnosis.  Sixteen years ago when had similar issues, it was fixable.  Praying "I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living," from Psalm.

This morning read Exodus 33.  Verse 2 states:
"I will send an angel before you
and drive out the
Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites."

These "ites" were God's peoples "enemies" living in the promised land, Canaan.

Was thinking how to personalize to apply to our lives.
I will send an angel before you and drive out:
C - cancer
A - anxiety
H - heartache
P - problems
H - headaches (physical and literal)
J - judgmental people/slanderers.

Will think on this some more to expand on the "ites."

Whatever your "ites" are, remember what the Lord promised in Exodus 3:7-8:
The Lord said,
"I have indeed SEEN the misery of my people...
I have HEARD them crying out...
and I am CONCERNED about their suffering.
So I have come down to RESCUE them..."

One of my favorite verses:
The guide will guide you always;                                          PROTECTOR
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land                  PROVIDER
and will strengthen your frame.                                             PRESERVER
You will be like a well-watered garden,                                 PRODUCTIVE
like a spring whose waters never fail.                                    PROMISE
Isaiah 58:11

May God bless you
as you ALL have blessed me.


4 comments:

  1. I enjoy your words of encouragement. You always show God's love for us! That HE is ALWAYS with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To God be the glory! I am reminded of God's faithfulness when I edit what I have previously written, reminding me of II Cor 1:10 He has delivered us - PAST, He will deliver us - PRESENT, He will continue to deliver us - FUTURE. / The health issue I referred to above is compression and deformity at C6, vertebra in neck. Waiting for appt.
    As I told someone this morning: strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow...Great Is Thy Faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe: God has a good plan. May be to grow our faith. Sometimes to be used as a testimony to others.

    ReplyDelete