Life is a Garden Party

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Valentine's Bouquet



Valentine's Day Bouquet

I'm sending you a bouquet
filled with flowers today
that in their own shy way say
you're loved each and every day.

Your bouquet is filled with
these flowers I chose to give:
as orchids mean beautiful lady,
I chose these for you, beautiful lady.

Red roses that ensure you're loved
by me and by God in heaven above.
These zinnias mean thinking of you
which I find is always nice to do.

A hydrangea to say thanks for all you do.
You are a blessing to others and to me too.
Some daisies for I know you'll act innocent
when someone thanks you for the gift of your presence.

These hibiscus
mean filled with grace
which is seen on your beautiful face
and bestowed on all you embrace.

Tiny blue forget-me-nots do remind me of you
and your faithful friendship to me through the years, so true.
A sunflower to bring sunshine
even when the sun doesn't shine.

Yes, blue and yellow
go well together
whatever the outside weather
as we are friends through whatever.

Sweet faced pansies for remembrance
of your gentle spirit and sweet fragrance.
Surrounded by lily-of-the-valley bringing happiness to you
as I know from time-to-time circumstances make you feel somewhat blue.

Accented with ferns that signify sincerity
and ivy that indicates friendship between you and me.
May this little nosegay
bring you much joy today.

Be sure to give your own bouquet
to those near and far away
for they all need a bright ray
to remind them they're loved, okay?

* * * * *

Flowers in my yard remind me of someone kind
for many were given to me once upon a time.
My friend, Connie, gave me lily-of-the-valley.
Thinking of my dear friend makes me happy.

Pansies were my gram's favorite which I yearly purchase
even though I don't need pansies for remembrance.
A package of zinnias is planted to attract monarchs each year.
You'll find me chasing with camera in hand when they appear.

Next time you see these above-mentioned individual flowers,
may you be reminded of their sincere meanings, thereafter.
Not only do flowers beautify planet earth yearly,
they provide nectar for bees producing honey.

Flowers please our senses - our sight, our smell, our touch;
they also speak, silently that is, with an unspoken flounce.
Flowers speak to our hearts with a message of love
direct from God, the Creator, who loves you. Hugs.

We love because he first loved us.
I John 4:19

Let us love one another,
for love comes from God.
Everyone who loves has been born of God
and knows God.
I John 4:7

How great is the love
the Father has lavished on us,
that we should be called
children of God!
and that is what we are!
I John 3:1

Awake, north wind, and come, south wind!
Blow on my garden,
that its fragrance may spread abroad.
Song of Songs 4:16

Life Is a Garden Party
is available via Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment