Life is a Garden Party

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Garden Tour 6/1/19

Some of my iris this week:

 (From my uncle.)

(From mom.) 


(From Gram.) 

(From Gram.)

 (From my aunt.)

(From Gram.) 

The next two are crossbreeds:


 Currants (from my grandparents 35 years ago):

Black caps beginning to bloom (from my grandparents):

Fragrant lemon yellow day lily from mom blooms early:


 Cantoon:

Columbine from my friend Connie; selfseeds wherever:

Johnny-Jump-Ups from my friend Ruby self-seeds wherever:

Baptisia beginning to bloom:

Chive blossom; bee favorite:

Rosa agosa, fragrant:


Field of dreams:


 Lupines:

Morning sun before a brief shower:

Reminded of:
For the earth which drinketh in the rain
that cometh often upon it
and bringeth forth herbs fit for them
by whom it is tilled
receiveth blessings from God.
Hebrews 6:7

Thou visitest the earth and waterest it;
thou greatly enrichest it with the river of God,
which is full of water;
thou preparest them grain,
when thou hast so provided for it.
Thou waterest the ridges thereof abundantly;
the settlest the furrows thereof;
thou makest it soft with showers;
thou blessest the springing thereof.
Psalm 65:9-10

Planted vegetables seeds on Memorial Day,
after making furrows.
So far not seeing germination.
Reminding myself roots form downward first
so though cannot see growth,
there's a miracle taking place in the womb of the earth.
Rains definitely will hasten the process,
or as Psalm states:  the springing thereof.
Perhaps tonight's shower will hasten the upward springing.
I know I'll be singing with joy when I see new birth!

Remember, when your prayers seem unanswered,
God is silently working out the details.
The answer to your prayer may spring forth suddenly.
Am reminded of the birds:
I believe they wake up singing their thankfulness to God before receiving
and again in the evening thanking God for providing their daily needs.
So start thanking God before receiving an answer to your prayer.
Your thankfulness just might provide a solution sooner vs later.

No comments:

Post a Comment