Life is a Garden Party

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Garden Tour 6/26/19

Too humid to weed, so took some wide photos of the yard after helper mowed this morning:

One of the front beds showcasing sundrops and ladies mantel right now.
These two plants multiply readily.

Another bed in front.
Orange daylilies around locus tree getting ready to bloom.
Need to remember to spray deer deterrent.
(Seems like I remember when rain is in the forecast.)

One of the most photographed beds.
Will soon showcase Korean Bells Campanella in the front.
Another flower I need to spray with deer deterrent. 
Front side and back side.
Front stone path leads to chair.

Shade garden featuring hostas and ferns. 

Hosta was too large to move after tree came down.
Beginning to bloom.
Does become sunburnt in hot weather due to lack of shade.

Rocks/stones are special to me as dad worked for the DOT.
The centerpiece stone here, with holes throughout, was a gift from dad.

Setting stones/rocks reminds me of quilting - patchwork.


 Stones/rocks repurposed into retaining walls and decorative objects.
Dad called them heat conductors.

"Sticks and stones broke my shovel,
now I'm in heap of trouble
but thanks to mom's good neighbors
I'm ready for toil and labor."
A poem in Vol I of Life Is a Garden Party.

I've learned to take a bucket with me when digging to collect stones.
Seems like this property sits on a river bed.



Vegetable garden beginning to sprout.
Can't wait for the 4 types of squashes to bloom.
I'll be out in the garden early morning to listen to the bee symphony.
Far left top is the row of potatoes planted mid May.
Seeing buds.  Will be sneaking a couple for potato salad on July 4th.

Will start harvesting red currants Saturday morning.
Birds will be squawking "mine, mine, mine."

How does your garden grow?
My compost pile is growing by loads.
Deadheading from last fall and weeding so far this year.
There are two other piles from two previous years,
one about empty.
Once emptied, will reset pallets due to heaving.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your blog! So many pretty beds! Your hard work is paying off! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sweet. So difficult to keep up this year. Now humidity is cutting my weeding time in half. Need to concentrate on downsizing. Never did find more sweet william seeds. Did purchase coveted delphenium seeds but haven't planted yet. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading.
    safariors

    ReplyDelete

  4. thanks for posting this blog. its really very helpful for us.
    stylent

    ReplyDelete

  5. Nice posting..thanks.
    Ijin..info investasi lahan keluarga di San Diego Hills memorial Park bebas biaya perawatan dan kebersihan selamanya klik
    Safariors Guide

    ReplyDelete