Life is a Garden Party

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Easter Bunny


EASTER BUNNY

The Easter Bunny came
though I didn't see him.
He left a present
but not in a basket.

I heard he wears long whiskers
and is as quiet as a whisper.
Perhaps because I didn't hear him
I didn't realize he had come.

I noticed he sampled my garden's fare
for he nibbled here and over there.
No one tells him to eat his greens.
He's known to lick his chops clean.

He left behind milk chocolate,
though I prefer dark chocolate.
Not the eating kind,
the composting kind.

It's a present for the garden
as a goodwill offering
for he eats whatever he likes
then leaves turds behind at night.

It looks like his family came to chow down, too,
for there are piles and piles of doo doo.
They had a romping heyday
while I slept the night away.

* * * * *

If we learn to see
with eyes that believe
we'll see the good
that could
come
from
life's emergencies
and unpleasantries.

As every silver lining brightens our day,
every emergency has a way
to teach us to stop and pray.
You'll find prayer is the only way
to get though many a day.
Prayer chases the doubts away.
God's peace will come in and stay.
Faith that believes will always pay.

Believing faith makes a way
for seeking God's ways always
paves the way for peace today.
Learn to hear God's voice say,
“no matter what comes your way today,
I am with you through it and will always
make a way to show your believing faith pays.”
Trust and then wait for God to show you His way.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6


Life Is a Garden Party 
is available via Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment