Life is a Garden Party

Friday, June 11, 2021

HUMMERS

 

HUMMERS


I was almost bombed tonight

when a hummingbird set his sights

on my red shirt

when I was digging in the dirt.


We had a stare down

before he turned around

to sit on the garden fence.

I watched what would circumvent.


It spit twice.

Was that nice?

Then caught a gnat.

How about that!


Little did we know

that lurking was a foe,

or maybe it was a date

who was looking for a mate.


Perhaps a mating dance ensued,

then maybe a proposal pursued.

Their little heads turned right and left.

I wonder if they had any sense left.


I was dizzy

from the activity.

Then off they went

across the fence.


One was female.

Was the other male?

I did notice their emerald colored tails

as the sun shone on them in my little dale.


Up into the sky they flew

with wings of emerald too.

I'm sure they will be back

for I have bee balm out back.


* * * * *


Red bee balm attracts hummers

and bees, who are also hummers.

All day long music can be heard

from humming bees and singing birds.


Take a minute to listen.

Perhaps this minute will lessen

any frustration

you're possessing.


As the birds and bees work

take time from your busy work

to enjoy God's wondrous innovation

for it is for you, His work of creation.


Do you not know?

Have you not heard?

The Lord is the everlasting God,

the Creator of the ends of the earth.

He will not grow tired or weary,

and his understanding no one can fathom.

He gives strength to the weary

and increases the power of the weak...

those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;

they will run and not grow weary,

they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:28-29,31



Life Is a Garden Party
is available via Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment