Life is a Garden Party

Saturday, November 27, 2021

I'M THANKFUL FOR

 

I'M THANKFUL FOR


I'm thankful for skies of blue

and the morning's sparkling dew

covering blooms that grew

in a rainbow of hues

every morning like bright jewels

making for a pretty view.


I'm thankful for birds that flew

and to hear them sing coo coo

for songs brighten my day anew

giving me a much clearer view

of God's goodness to me and you.

Is it the same for you too?


I'm thankful for rainbows, too,

and the sunset's golden hue

for both are God's jewels

sent to me and you

as promises anew

of God's faithfulness true.


I'm thankful for days rainy and cool

for rain greens the grass to look like new

and fresh vegetables will grow anew

in a rainbow of colors, it's true.

One day they'll make a healthy stew

to keep me safe from the flu.


I'm thankful for cattle that moo

and for animals that live in zoos

where they are cared for by a crew

of working men and women who

enjoy their work each day anew.

You should plan a trip to the zoo.


I'm thankful that everyday is a school

where I always learn something brand new

or perhaps something I once knew

for I tend to forget, it's true.

Is it the same way for you too?

Learning gives us a clearer view.


I'm thankful for garden tools.

Some purchased, some like new

given by friends who knew

I needed a helper to

control how the garden grew.

Tools are helpmates and cool.


I'm thankful everyday, it's true,

but not for insects, they're cruel,

nor for those bucks and does who

visit during the night to

eat my garden's view.

It's like my garden woos.


I'm thankful that when bills come due

I'm able to pay each month anew

for God supplies all my needs, it's true,

and many of my selfish wants, too.

Did you know God's Word says we're His jewel?

I know God is faithful to you too.


I'm thankful for the Creator who

provides and protects me each day anew.

Who proves His love for me, it's true,

by His faithfulness sent from above to

bless me and those I love anew

with His best as we follow God's rules.


I'm thankful for celebration's ado

with Valentines sent from you know who,

Easter baskets filled with surprises new,

Halloween when children say boo to you,

then Thanksgiving when we review,

Christmas - God's gift to me and you.


I'm thankful when it's your birthday too

when a special cake is baked for you

to be shared with those who love you

celebrating you with much ado.

My, how the years flew

while the young ones grew.


I'm thankful everyday there's always something new

to be thankful for. I'm sure you already knew.

Being thankful is a mindset to see what's true

then daily dwell on that truth each day anew

until thankfulness resides in you.

Being thankful will chase away the blues.


I'm thankful for many friends who

were sent by God for He just knew

who I would need when He sent you

and blessed me with the gift of you.

May God always bless you

with peace and joy anew.


* * * * *


And may each and every day you too

find much to be thankful for anew.

Being thankful gives us a new view

refreshing us like cool morning dew

while worries, over which we stew,

weigh us down like sticky glue.


Remember this rule:

Thankfulness rules!

It's a jewel

of many hues -

physically, emotionally, it's true,

mentally and spiritually too.


Be joyful always;

pray continually;

give thanks in all circumstances,

for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

I Thessalonians 5:16-18


Give thanks to the Lord,

for he is good;

his love endures forever.

Psalm 107:1


Thanks be to God!

He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

I Corinthians 15:57



Life Is a Garden Party

is available via Amazon.







No comments:

Post a Comment