Life is a Garden Party

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Garden Tour 6/26/18

Two begonias gifted to me.
Thank you Lesley and Ruby.


Wintered-over geraniums blooming:

Heliopsis blooms now up until frost:

Sweet peas.  My grandmother gave me seeds more than 12 years ago:

First lily:

Day lilies:

Currants ready to harvest.  Planted here by my grandparents about 35 years ago.

Will harvest black caps soon.  Plentiful this year.
These also came from my grandparent's canes.

Male blossom on butternut.
So dry.  Rain in forecast but so is high heat.

Milkweed in bloom.  Pretty scent.

Always happy to see and hear the honeybees:

Zinnias will be blooming soon.
I call these garden lollipops.
When the monarchs come, 
"like a kid in the candy store,
they taste each one,
and then want more."

Love-lies-bleeding relative from a friend:

Wild daisies now blooming.
Another type of shasta daisy almost ready to bloom.

Coneflowers are beginning to bloom:

This rose bush is blooming bouquets this year!


Tickseed coreopsis:

Clematis in all its glory:

See how the lilies of the field grow.
They do not labor or spin.
Yet I tell you that not even Solomon 
in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
Matthew 6:28-19

No comments:

Post a Comment