Life is a Garden Party

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Transformed

Haven't written any new material in quite some time.
This one was written over the past few days.


Transformed

Here I am crawling on the dill,
chowing down, I'm never still.
I need to grow fast
then I will change in a flash.

Do you see me here
slightly camouflaged, just peer -
I'm dressed in black and green stripes
with yellow and black spots.

Munching,
munching,
munching,
munching.

I'm quite content to quietly consume
dill or parsley morning, night, or noon.
I'm growing bigger every day.
Soon I will change in a big way.

This change is only one of my transformations.
Altogether I'll go through four transitions.
I started life as a small egg, a little yellow dot.
You won't notice me unless you play hide and seek.

Soon this change will take place.
I can't wait to begin this race.
Here I am wiggling and wiggling,
my stripes and spots miraculously exchanging.

Wiggling,
wiggling,
wiggling,
wiggling.

Now I am encased in a brown sack,
which completely covers me - it's a fact.
This funny looking sack is known as a chrysalis.
I'm camouflaged once again in this tan dress.

Another name for this change is metamorphosis.
I transformed from a caterpillar to a chrysalis.
In a few days I will change once again.
This change will give me beautiful wings.

My chrysalis will change from opaque to transparent.
It really is a miracle to watch this change in my appearance.
One day soon I'll break free and you'll see me fly,
flutter, and waltz - free - up in the blue, blue sky.

I hope you get to see this transformation.
I know you, too, will be filled with exaltation.
Look for me when you're outside.
I'm the black swallowtail, see me glide...

as I dance to my own music
then stop at a flower for a sip
of tasty nectar which gives me energy
to fly, fly, fly up and away. Did you see me?

There I am dancing in the sky
with wings that allow me to fly.
I couldn't do that when I was an egg so tiny,
or a caterpillar or enclosed in a chrysalis, not hardly.

It was my transformation that gave me wings.
Wings that allow me to fly free in the wind.
This transformation was what is best for me.
No longer bound. I'm free! I'm free! I'm free!

Flying,
fluttering,
dancing,
waltzing.

* * * * *

The Bible also talks about transformation.
You could compare your spiritual transformation
to that of a new-born butterfly,
when you say goodbye to the old. Bye.

Transformation involves taking off the old
and putting on the new, that's a fact we're told.
Like the butterfly, we need to change from the inside out.
Our old nature needs to be exchanged, without a doubt.

Would a butterfly want to go back to being a caterpillar?
Would you ever want to go back to being a toddler?
Don't you want to grow and mature surely,
both physically and spiritually.

Would you choose to keep your old nature
when you are given a choice of a new nature?
Would you want to stay encased in a chrysalis of fear,
doubt, disappointment, depression, anger, year after year.

God has provided a new way to live.
The answer is found in "forgive."
Realize God's Son offers you forgiveness
then simply receive this free gift, when you confess.

Forgiveness is the beginning of a transformed life.
A life honoring God with a dilemma of choice:
the old way
vs. a new way.

Your lifelong journey now involves putting off the old
way of living and thinking that is formed by this world,
then putting on the new transformed way of life pleasing to God.
This new way of life begins in the mind and is secured by the heart.

Like the butterfly, God gives us wings "of faith"
that allow us to fly free, protected, safe.
Don't remained cocooned in your old chrysalis.
Shake it off through prayer. Rise above. Persist.

You are meant to fly free,
without worry,
unburdened,
unencumbered.

Spread your wings of faith today.
Be transformed in every way.
Let God replace your old way of thinking.
He'll direct you on a path worth living.

Do not conform any longer
to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Romans 12:2

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory,
are being transformed into his likeness
with ever-increasing glory,
which comes from the Lord,
who is the Spirit.
II Corinthians 3:18

If anyone is in Christ,
he is a new creation;
the old has gone,
the new as come.
II Corinthians 5:17

Put off your old self
which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires,
to be made new in the attitude of your minds,
and to put on the new self created to be like God
in true righteousness and holiness.
Ephesians 4:23-24

Will transform our lowly bodies
so that they will be like his glorious body.
Philippians 3:21



Life Is a Garden Party,
a gardening observation
followed by a spiritual application
in rhyme
with scriptures,
is available via Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment