Life is a Garden Party

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

UNRECOGNIZED BLESSINGS

Started reading Streams in the Desert last month, a gift given to me months ago.  Wish I read it decades ago to help me grow believing faith through my "journey through the wilderness."  

Have you ever felt your life is a "journey through the wilderness"?  The Israelites journey had them going in circles as they needed to "re"learn needed lessons.  Perhaps this reading will strengthen your faith journey.

(Someday this selection will appear in Life Lessons chapter.)

Unrecognized Blessings


Lord, I know in my heart prayer changes things

but what I really need more than anything

is a new appreciation for burdens

for they must have been allowed for a reason.


Lord, today may I come to realize

my burdens are meant as blessings in Your eyes

for that’s when I’ve come to rely on You

and know without a doubt You will see me through.


Lord, I give You the glory for teaching me

through burdens to be all You want me to be

for burdens grow my faith and teach me to trust.

I’m learning You only want Your best for us.


Lord, I give you this burden I have carried.

It’s only left me at wit’s end and worried.

I know you’ll send a solution in your time.

Now help me to recognize your perfect time.


Lord, I thank you before you send an answer

that you are working for my good for sure.

Thank you for teaching me that my burdens

can be blessings as on You I will depend.


Refrain:

Our burdens are unrecognized blessings.

So instead of being worried and stressing

today I’m giving my burdens to the Lord

and I’ll thank Him for the blessings He will pour.


* * * *

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,

and I will give you rest...

and you will find rest for your souls.

Matthews 11:28-29


Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,

who daily bears our burdens.

Psalm 68:19



After the storm, God's promise!

Life Is a Garden Party
is available via Amazon.


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully crafted! I wrote a song in 2010, I believe and it is on this same vein. Blessings dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY for taking the time to read/comment. All that I wrote during this time period were on the same wavelength. Plan to post more this month.

      Delete