Life is a Garden Party

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Cards

It's time to address Christmas cards
though sometimes it seems to be hard.
With each name on the list we see
we remember those we love, you see.

There are others who are no longer with us.
What joy they now live in heaven with Jesus!
It seems each year more are subtracted from the list.
Though their memory is sweet, their presence is missed.

There are those we haven't seen in a while.
Just the thought of them today brings a smile.
Some live far away.
We'll write a note today.

There are friends we love - young and old.
Their acquaintance never grows old.
Friends, we know, are a gift
and help to lift our spirits.

Then there is family - each year more added,
for the kids soon grow up and get married.
Uncles and aunts and cousins
all receive a card this season.

There are those we know through life's journey.
They, too, make a special memory.
And those that have been kind and helpful
must receive a card to say I'm thankful.

When this year's Christmas card are done
I realize the chore was quite fun
for each name on the list brings to mind
the blessing of you to me one more time.

I thank my God every time I remember you.
Philippines 1:3

To order Life Is a Garden Party,Vol II
go to WestBow Press, Amazon or B&N.

To order Life Is a Garden Party, Vol I
go to Amazon or B&N.

No comments:

Post a Comment