Life is a Garden Party

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Diamonds

Silently falling glitter
sparkles as the light flickers
like sequins
or diamonds.

Effervescent,
almost transparent
these white orbs
from heaven poured.

Weightless one-by-one
they quietly adorn
everything they happen to touch
though sometimes turn into mush.

Floating, like feathers in one's hand,
like a twinkle from a fairy's wand,
lasting for a second unless
the surface is coldly dressed.

If the surface is frozen
then these diamonds have chosen
to stay for awhile.
Some will smile.

Others will frown
for that means towns
are covered with snow
to plow or to blow.

Do be sure to look for
diamonds in the snow
like glitter that sparkles
and sequins that twinkle.

Jewels from on high
these gems from the sky
adorning the earth
when diamonds drop forth.

* * * * *

Like diamonds in the snow
you are precious, you know.
Like a jewel in a crown glows
your life does adorn and grow
though sometimes life's hard blows
will cause you sorrow and woe.

Those tears you sow
will later grow
into a glow
as you help others who are low
through their own sorrows and woes.
You'll sparkle from head to toe.

So though sorrows that bestow
grief and heartaches of 'oh no'
that one often  undergoes
have a purpose, although
we'd prefer not to undergo.
In the end, there's a glow that grows.

Like the sparkle of a diamond glows
our sorrows are someday meant to show
that God is faithful and will bestow
His beauty on everything below.
A diamond in the rough from head to toe
is being chiseled from sorrows and woes.

The Lord their God will save them on that day
as the flock of his people.
They will sparkle in his land
like jewels in a crown.
How attractive and beautiful they will be!
Zechariah 9:16-17

Choose my instruction instead of silver,
knowledge rather than choice gold,
for wisdom is more precious than rubies,
and nothing you desire can compare with her.
Proverbs 10:11


2 comments:

  1. Ms. Judy, My sweet friend I have goose bumps again!!! You are GODS gift to so many of us that needs your prayers, wisdom and encouragement and I have all of these in you my friend. I loved this and I could feel GODS loving arms enfolding me and telling me to "Hold On My Child for I am with you. I have sweet tears rolling down my face and I thank you for always uplifting me. I rate this a 5* and GOD has his hands upon you and your writing. I see wonderful and exciting times in your future!!

    ReplyDelete