Life is a Garden Party

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Paper Blooms

Though it's a long ways to May Day...
the mailbox is full of blooms.

Not real blooms, but paper blooms.
Beautiful picture-perfect blooms.
Colorful blooms without perfume.
Blooms that bring delight to days of gloom.

Blooms which captivate
and always fascinate.
Blooms which infatuate
no matter the calendar date.

Today's coffee break time
turns into an hour in time
when dreams are fantasized
no matter ones garden's size.

With each page turned
you're again charmed.
Perhaps you could say smitten.
The enchantment bug has bitten.

There's always new colors to choose from
as well as favorites offered again.
There's hybrid black flowers
and even green flowers.

This year dahlias caught my attention.
My grandfather's favored attraction.
More colors than ever
with names that are clever.

Regarding dahlias, though,
despite their sensational blow
they need to be wintered over, stowed,
into the basement towed.

Despite being crazy about dahlias
I'll be content with the gift of dahlias
given to me by two friends
each year planted in my garden.

And enchanted every year I'll be
when in my neighbor's garden I'll see
dahlias as colorful as the rainbow
that he'll cut to share with me, I know.

In the meantime, paper blooms
chase away winter's gloom
so enjoy your coffee break
as the order form you take...

to fill out with impassioned dreams that will soon come true
when paper blooms turn into realized dreams for you.
Those paper flowers, plants, and trees
are just waiting to please.

May paper blooms satisfy you today
until this summer when your new plants bloom.

* * * * *

Many of my garden plants were given to me
filling my yard full of wonderful memories.
Just this week a gyposfilia, a red striped dock, and lovage
were all gifts from a lovely lady, who doesn't look her age.

And I've been transplanting to give way
to someday brighten someone's day
campanulas and grape hyacinths
into many recycled pots went.

Do you realize God desires to give you good things?
I'm sure you can think of many good things that have been given -
Numerous God-given friends
upon which you can depend.

Maybe a word of encouragement
or transportation to an event.
A surprise in the mail,
dinner supplied when ail.

A needed word heard
direct from God's Word.
Certainly blooming flowers in your yard
are a timely gift from a loving God.

Who satisfies your desires with good things...
Psalm 103:5

When you open your hand,
they are satisfied with good things.
Psalm 104:28

How much more will your Father in heaven
give good gifts to those who ask him!
Matthew 7:11

Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights.
James 1:17


1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Dear friend. This is beautiful and I read it on with my devotional this morning about doing good things and being a comfort to others. Thank you,,,,Nita

    ReplyDelete