Life is a Garden Party

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Trowel


I lost the trowel again.
I had it before it rained.
When I went inside
I left it outside.

Because I didn't put it away
I spent part of this sunny day
looking to no avail -
it's not in the pail...

nor in the wheelbarrow
to my chagrin and sorrow.
It's not outside the door
where the dirty gloves are stored.

Most likely it's in the compost pile
that's piled as high as a mile
so off I go to dismantle
looking for this trowel of metal.

More time is wasted as I decompose
what over the last two days has decomposed.
At last, the trowel is finally found
though the pile is no longer a mound.

My energy has been spent looking.
I'm too tired to begin working
at weeding out what has silently crept in
due to high humidity for days on end.

* * * * *

The New Testament contains parables spoken
about the lost sheep, the lost coin, the lost son,
each ending with a celebration going on
for what was once lost is now joyfully found.

These parables end with the promise
that angels celebrate with each repentance
from lost sinners who believe
and God's salvation receive.

For you see, we all were born lost
but Jesus, God's Son, paid the cost
bearing our sins in His body on Calvary's tree
because of His abundant love for you and for me.

To be found, we simply need to believe
Jesus paid the price and pray to receive
His free plan of salvation
offered to all generations.

Salvation is not earned, it's a gift to us,
paid for once-for-all, for all time by Jesus.
It doesn't matter what you have or haven't done,
Jesus' invitation to all is, 'just as you are, come'.

Come live a life of trust
in God's Son Jesus,
who offers us timely grace to help
for we often come to the end of ourselves.

As the trowel is my helper,
God's grace is also my helper -
my power source
to keep me on course.

Once lost, now found
because grace abounds:
overflowing, unbound,
freely given, profound.

Grace:
God's
Redeeming, renewing, rescuing,
Abundant, abounding, amazing
Compassion continually completely comforting
Enabling, empowering, edifying, encouraging.

If it wasn't for grace
life's storms we could not face
for God's grace enables us to remain Christ-like
which empowers us to daily stand firm, to fight.

Though humanly unfantonable,
God's empowering grace always enables,
comforts, renews, restores
as God's blessings pour.

Burrow into God's grace
as you run your race
with perseverance
and confidence.

Matthew 18, Luke 15

There will be more rejoicing in heaven
over one sinner so repents.
Luke 15:7

There is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God
over one sinner who repents.
Luke 1:10

And God is able to make all grace abound to you,
so that in all things at all times,
having all that you need,
you will abound in every good work.
II Corinthians 9:8

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence,
so that we may receive mercy and find grace
to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:16

Let us throw off everything that hinders
and the sin that so easily entangles,
and let us run with perseverance
the race marked out for us.
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus,
the author and perfector of our faith,
who for the joy set before him endured the cross,
scorning its shame,
and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1-2

Amazing Grace
by John Newton

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now I'm found
was blind but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
and grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear,
the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come,
'tis grace that brought me safe thus far,
and grace will lead me home.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Judy, Sweet tears are flowing this morning. I cannot describe what this means to me this morning. Thank you for the love you have for our Savior and sharing it with all of us!!! You are a Blessing and a testimony to us all!!!

    ReplyDelete