Life is a Garden Party

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Weed Seeds


Weed Seeds

Yesterday I saw two little girls collecting bouquets.
It was a picture that brought a smile right away.
Their bouquets were delicate poufs
otherwise known as dandelion fluff.

Today the wind kicked up in the afternoon.
Poufs were dispersed in my yard this month before June.
Over the fence they came in every direction
though I have more than enough, they came without discretion.

If you call them poufs
or their other name fluff,
to me they are weed seeds
full of covetous greed.

They like to take over
then I have to bend over
to remove one by one.
I'll never be done.

If I were organized, before dandelions bloom
I could eat dandelions greens one afternoon.
One of my Gram's favorite fares.
Perhaps why she never had gray hair.

Cook like spinach or eaten in a salad -
with dressing if you prefer. You'll be well fed.
How about dandelion blossom fritters?
Be sure to remove bees and other critters.

Full of good-for-you Vitamin K,
dandelions do taste A-okay
with pickle brine
anytime.

You might buy dandelion seeds
to plant in your garden, indeed.
Popeye will have competition
with this healthy addition.

All weed seeds
are full of greed
so I heed
this creed:

on your knees
weed and weed.
When you finally get up from this deed
you'll feel stiff and lame, all for the "dislike" of weeds.

* * * * *
A simile for weed seeds
could be your conversation, so heed
if your speech is full of greed
your words will be full of bad weeds.

Replace those verbal weeds
with positive seeds
which will encourage, indeed,
and always lead to good deeds.

Today let's all start a new creed.
Encourage one another, please.
Encouragement will lead
to planting positive seeds.

Therefore encourage one another
and build each other up,
just as in fact you are doing.
I Thessalonians 5:11

To order Life Is a Garden Party, go to Amazon.


2 comments:

  1. I liked this boy I never knew you could eat them I pull up and put them in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to harvest before they bloom, otherwise too bitter.

    ReplyDelete